Not Business As Usual will focus on educating and promoting a greater awareness of the principles and techniques used in the design, construction, and maintenance of a variety of low-carbon construction methods, with a particular focus on the building fabric.
Construct Net-Zero Cymru activities will work alongside partners in industry, higher and further education, schools and the third sector to create and deliver micro courses in ‘Fabric First‘ design. Sessions will be held in the university’s construction workshop using a range of tailor made equipment and training aids to enhance these skills.
What’s on offer?
Through funding provided by the Skills and Talent programme we are offering fully funded and practical training in the following areas:
Fabric First for New Build
- Building envelope design
- Modern Methods of Construction
- Passive solar design
- Building physics & performance
- Mechanical/Renewable heat & ventilation
Fabric First for Retrofitting
- Building Assessment (energy modelling & identification of energy saving opportunities.
- Building Assessment (insulation, air tightness, doors, windows and thermal mass to improve energy efficiency)
- Smart building technology
You can choose to do as many of the above as you wish.
Who’s this for?
- Construction students in Further and Higher Education
- Not in Employment Education or Training
- Community Groups