Create a New Career
Could you benefit from flexible, part-time, FREE on-line courses to help you recreate your career?
If the answer is YES then CWIC can help. We are collaborating with Coleg Sir Gar to offer employed individuals a range of funded, construction-based courses that will help to develop their knowledge as well as address some of the skills gaps our industry faces.
What is a Personal Learning Account?
These are funded by the Welsh Government and provide flexible and fully-funded learning for both online and face-to-face training that can fit around your existing responsibilities. You could obtain the skills and qualifications you need to switch careers and embark on a new pathway.
The courses are specifically designed to address vocational training in sectors where there is a skills shortage to ensure the future needs of the economy are met.
If applying as an individual you will need to;
- Live in Wales
- Be 19 years old or over
- Want to gain Skills/Qualifications in priority sectors to better your career development
- Be employed/self-employed, and at least one of the following;
- Earning under £26,000 salary
- Currently Furloughed (or have been previously)
- At risk of being made redundant from your job
- Working for an agency
- You are working in a Sector or Industry that has been and/or will continue to be negatively impacted by the events of Covid-19
You cannot get a PLA if you are under 19 years of age, or in full-time education or unemployed.
If your company has been adversely affected by Covid-19 and you would like to benefit from funding offered through the Welsh Government’s Personal Learning Account scheme then please complete this form to access training opportunities for your staff.