This project aims to provide a set of resources and develop an Industry-Higher Education (HE) partnership initiatives as a response to the CITB’s call for commissioned Employer-HE collaboration. It will:
- Identify and promote current and new high-value job roles in an increasingly multidisciplinary construction industry;
- Demonstrate modern methods of design, planning, management and construction;
- Provide contextualized learning through immersive and experiential learning opportunities to improve accessibility to practical learning.
A sustainable Employer-HE network will be established in two regions – Wales and Yorkshire – to establish best practice in collaborative partnerships.
A set of physical and virtual resources will be developed that will specifically address three principal target groups:
- Level III school/college -leavers interested, for example, in a digitally literate career or leadership and management skills;
- Existing employees within the Construction sector who have the enthusiasm and propensity to achieve higher skills and knowledge, but lack confidence and access to flexible HE learning modes;
- Graduates/Higher Diplomats from apparently non-cognate disciplines, who, with a retraining programme, could be effective contributors in areas such as logistics and project management.
The CPD and other training material will be evidence-based. The project will also design, develop and deliver a series of case studies that promote the cross-disciplinary nature of the Construction sector.
- A flexible learning mode with a blended learning combination of virtual/immersive learning materials that support continuing professional development (CPD);
- A learning environment that understands and supports more vocationally-orientated learners;
- Up-skilling of existing employees within the Construction sector;
- Retraining programme for graduates/higher diplomates from apparently non-cognate disciplines;
- Closer engagement between the Construction industry and higher education (HE).
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, project manager.