Date(s) - 28/05/2021
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
In this hands-on course, we teach UAV data collection methodologies and training techniques aerial-based surveying, mapping, and data collection. You will learn the principles, methodologies, and techniques to achieve a high level of data quality, which is critical in the precision surveying industry.
After you have completed the course, Skeye Drone Training will provide you with a certificate of completion and competency.
Who should attend
Our industry-leading UAV Surveying Course is ideal for anybody who is looking to improve their data collection techniques.
This unique course combines some of the most innovative and fundamental principles of UAS image collection strategies to produce high-quality 2D, 2.5D & 3D Outputs.
Fundamentals of UAS sensor technology
- Understanding aerial data, image resolution and ground sample distances
- How to calculate image scale and GSD
- What affects the scales and GSD when collecting data using a UAS
- What environmental factors affect scale and GSD when collecting data using a UAS.
- Understanding the level of accuracy achievable when using a UAS for surveying
- Practical exercises and knowledge checking
Data Collection Strategies
- Planning strategies for data collection depending on the subject type and terrain
- Introduction to photogrammetry and industry-standard outputs such as Orthography, DSM/DTM, and 3D modelling.
- Standard flight plans, drone limitations, imagery collection settings, operating environment considerations
- Oblique/3D data collection planning collection planning strategies
- Common data collection errors and how to plan to reduce/eliminate them
- Preparation for day two practical data collection exercise
- Fundamentals of data processing using Pix4d Photogrammetry Software
- 14-day Free Trial
- Advanced features such as custom parameters and others
- Viewing and extracting data from Pix4d for presentation
- Hints and tips for better outputs
- Pix4d demonstration
- Presenting geospatial information using other tools such as Google Earth Pro
- Useful tools for managing and displaying geospatial data
Skeye Photography & Surveys Ltd. (t/a Skeye Train)