Date(s) - 21/06/2021 - 22/06/2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course is aimed at improving the understanding, treatment and energy efficiency of traditional pre 1919 buildings, which make up a third of the building stock in Wales. The course was developed by CITB’s National Construction College and Edwards Hart Consultants Ltd. The course is independently accredited by the NOCN.
Upon successful completion participants will be awarded the NOCN Level 3 Award for Energy Efficiency for Older & Traditional Buildings (QCF). This is a government-approved qualification and has been developed to suit contractors and consultants, as well as clients. This qualification provides individuals with the recognition that they have achieved an independently recognised level of knowledge.
Who should attend
If you are involved in Government or energy provider (ECO) funded retrofit, you may be required to hold the NOCN Level 3 Award for Energy Efficiency for Older & Traditional Buildings (QCF) qualification. The UK standard retrofit specification ‘PAS 2035: Specification for retrofitting dwellings for improved energy efficiency makes this a requirement. See the attached table for further information PAS2035 Trad Bldg Training Requirements ESC Oct 2020
This course is suitable for those who have some experience of working with traditional pre-1919 buildings or are working in the construction/property sector, in roles such as:
- Architects / Designers/ Retrofit Designers, Surveyors, Engineers & Housing Technical Officers
- Retrofit Assessors and advisors
- Project Managers / Retrofit Co-ordinators
- Conservation Officers
- Building Control Officers
- Works Supervisors & Site Managers
- First-Line Supervisors & Managers.
- Estimators, planners, and designers
- All-round general building operatives who have some experience of working on traditional buildings
- Builders/ developers
- Installers of Solid Wall Insulation Systems
- Experienced Craftspeople
- Client Representatives
The three NOCN Level 3 Award units that make up the Level 3 Award, and are listed below:
- Age, Nature, and Characteristics
- Assessing Options for the Introduction of Energy Efficiency Measures
- Making Recommendations and Giving Advice on the Introduction of Energy Efficiency Measures.
On successful completion of the course, you will have an appreciation of:
- The difference between traditional older buildings and modern buildings
How to understand traditional older buildings and make them more energy efficient and sustainable.
2 days online training plus pre course work representing in total 21 notional hours of training
John Edwards MA, DipBldgCons, CEnv, FRICS, FCIOB, IHBC: Director of Edwards Hart Consultants.
This course will be delivered online on 21 & 22 June, 9 am to 5 pm
In view of the pre course work requirements, applications for this course must be received by the 1st June at the latest
This course is free for eligible individuals through the Personal Learning Account scheme.
For further information please visit The Environment Study Centre for Sustainable Buildings.
Applications for this course are now closed. Please contact us if you would be interested in attending this course.