Date(s) - 28/05/2021
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
In this hands-on course, we teach UAV data collection methodologies and training techniques aerial-based surveying, mapping, and data collection. You will learn the principles, methodologies, and techniques to achieve a high level of data quality, which is critical in the precision surveying industry.
After you have completed the course, Skeye Drone Training will provide you with a certificate of completion and competency.
Pwy a ddylai ddilyn y cwrs
Our industry-leading UAV Surveying Course is ideal for anybody who is looking to improve their data collection techniques.
Cynnwys y cwrs
This unique course combines some of the most innovative and fundamental principles of UAS image collection strategies to produce high-quality 2D, 2.5D & 3D Outputs.
Fundamentals of UAS sensor technology
- Understanding aerial data, image resolution and ground sample distances
- How to calculate image scale and GSD
- What affects the scales and GSD when collecting data using a UAS
- What environmental factors affect scale and GSD when collecting data using a UAS.
- Understanding the level of accuracy achievable when using a UAS for surveying
- Practical exercises and knowledge checking
Data Collection Strategies
- Planning strategies for data collection depending on the subject type and terrain
- Introduction to photogrammetry and industry-standard outputs such as Orthography, DSM/DTM, and 3D modelling.
- Standard flight plans, drone limitations, imagery collection settings, operating environment considerations
- Oblique/3D data collection planning collection planning strategies
- Common data collection errors and how to plan to reduce/eliminate them
- Preparation for day two practical data collection exercise
- Fundamentals of data processing using Pix4d Photogrammetry Software
- 14-day Free Trial
- Advanced features such as custom parameters and others
- Viewing and extracting data from Pix4d for presentation
- Hints and tips for better outputs
- Pix4d demonstration
- Presenting geospatial information using other tools such as Google Earth Pro
- Useful tools for managing and displaying geospatial data
Hyd y Cwrs
Skeye Photography & Surveys Ltd. (t/a Skeye Train)